In order to provide you with the full range of Ogaden Online Services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- What information the Ogaden Online may collect about you;
- How the Ogaden Online will use information we collect about you;
- When the Ogaden Online may use your details to contact you;
- Whether the Ogaden Online will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, the Ogaden Online is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection.
The Ogaden Online website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will the Ogaden Online collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Ogaden Online section or category, such as Commentary & Analysis, live chats, commenting articles and message boards, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, City and Country you reside, telephone or mobile number Different section or category may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the Ogaden Online to provide you with the services you select.
We also use your IP address to determine your location and where you are accessing from the Ogaden Online
How will the Ogaden Online use the information they collect about me?
The Ogaden Online will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that the Ogaden Online may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- To contact you about a submission you have made to the Ogaden Online, including any content you provide.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- To analyse and improve the services offered on Ogaden Online e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where the Ogaden Online proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When will the Ogaden Online contact me?
The Ogaden Online may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the Ogaden Online can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- In relation to any contribution you have made to Ogaden Online e.g. on the Ogaden Online Commentary & Analysis , Commenting articles etc
Will the Ogaden Online share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within the Ogaden Online.
Offensive or inappropriate content on the Ogaden Online website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Ogaden.com, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on ogaden.com, the Ogaden Online may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the Ogaden Online reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of US and Canada (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the Ogaden Online may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Ogaden Online website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will the Ogaden Online Keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service,.
Where you contribute to ogaden.com the Ogaden Online will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
There may also be rare instances where we will share your contribution with third parties (e.g. contributions to the Commentary & Analysis. Where possible, we will endeavour to inform you upfront or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely or pass it onto an third parties.
LAST UPDATED ( SUNDAY, 10 MAY 2009 23:37 )